Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil on medium. Add bell pepper, onion, cumin, coriander and cayenne and sauté, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- To skillet, add tomatoes, orange juice and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir to combine and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl or cup. Gently slip egg into sauce, keeping egg whole; repeat with remaining eggs, leaving 1-inch between each. Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle remaining 1/8 tsp salt over top. Cover and simmer gently until egg whites are opaque and yolks are firm, 6 to 8 minutes. Top with parsley and cilantro. Carefully ladle sauce and eggs into serving bowls.
- Serving Size 2 eggs with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Calories 178
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 327 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 439 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g