This easy, elegant meal combines white fish with fertility-boosting olives, walnuts, spinach, and yogurt. Choose clean, low-mercury fish options such as tilapia, trout, or sole. Or use wild-caught Alaskan salmon or boneless, skinless sardines—they’re low in toxins and high in omega-3s that support fertility in both women and men. The parchment-folding technique is easier than it sounds. For a stronger seal, brush the edges of the parchment packet with a beaten egg white.
For more about this recipe: Fertility Foods
4 large squares parchment paper (about 14 inches)
4 six-oz. white fish fillets
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped black and/or green olives
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 cup walnuts
1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary needles
Juice from one small lemon
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Fold each parchment square in half. Using sharp scissors, cut each sheet into heart shape, and unfold.
- Place one sheet of cut parchment paper on flat surface. Arrange one piece of fish on one side of paper. Drizzle with olive oil. Layer onions, spinach, and olives on top, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place one rosemary sprig on top of olives, and fold the other side of the parchment over fish and vegetables.
- Working from one end of the parchment, tightly roll and fold the edges to form a tight seal. Carefully transfer the packet to baking sheet, and repeat with the remaining parchment, fish, and toppings.
- Transfer baking sheet with parchment packets to oven and bake 12–14 minutes, depending on thickness of fish. (Thin fillets, such as tilapia, may cook as quickly as 10 minutes.)
- While fish is baking, place walnuts in small food processor and process until finely ground. Add yogurt, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes, and process until well-combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and transfer to serving dish.
- When fish is done, remove baking sheet from oven. Carefully transfer each pouch to individual serving plate and serve with yogurt sauce on the side.
- Calories: 580
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 110 mg
- Fat Content: 41 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 44 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 250 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g