Get Your Protein and Veggies in These Simple Frittata Muffins
These quick-and-easy veggie-packed muffins are the perfect protein-rich breakfast on the go.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These simple, to-go frittata muffins include leeks, mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes. Make a big batch in advance, and freeze for future use—just pop them in the microwave for a fast, protein- and fiber-rich morning meal on the go.
For more about this recipe: Veggies for Breakfast
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped chard
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced asparagus
- 4 oil-packed sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in cheese, chard, leek, mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes.
- Spoon mixture into 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Bake 20–22 minutes, until just set.
- Let cool 5 minutes, remove from tins, and serve immediately, or cool completely and refrigerate or freeze.
- Serving Size 1 Muffin
- Calories 100
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 105 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g