Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
These simple, to-go frittata muffins include leeks, mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes. Make a big batch in advance, and freeze for future use—just pop them in the microwave for a fast, protein- and fiber-rich morning meal on the go.
For more about this recipe: Veggies for Breakfast
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together eggs, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Stir in cheese, chard, leek, mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes.
- Spoon mixture into 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Bake 20–22 minutes, until just set.
- Let cool 5 minutes, remove from tins, and serve immediately, or cool completely and refrigerate or freeze.
- Serving Size 1 Muffin
- Calories 100
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 105 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g