Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake
Remember strawberry shortcake frozen treats from the ice cream truck? The crumbly outside was the best part. This recipe will bring back those childhood memories but still satisfy adult taste buds. The filling for this cheesecake is a sophisticated blend of rich mascarpone and salty feta with just a little…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Remember strawberry shortcake frozen treats from the ice cream truck? The crumbly outside was the best part. This recipe will bring back those childhood memories but still satisfy adult taste buds. The filling for this cheesecake is a sophisticated blend of rich mascarpone and salty feta with just a little sweetness. The base and top coating is a crumbly blend of nuts, dates and dehydrated strawberries.
To remove cheesecake from pan, gently lift the foil and place on the counter. Let sit 5 minutes. With a sharp knife, cut into bars and serve right away. If you have leftovers, lift the foil handles and place back in the pan and return to freezer. Or, cut frozen cheesecake into bars, wrap individually, and return to freezer.
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1½ cups roasted salted almonds
- 1½ cups lightly toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1-oz. package freeze dried strawberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 3 oz. feta cheese
- 3 Tbs. sugar (or the equivalent of stevia)
- 2 Tbs. heavy cream
- Place 16-inch long piece of foil in 8X8 pan. Smooth out, and allow for sides to spill out. (This will make removing the frozen cheesecake easier.) Lightly grease with baking spray.
- Place dates, nuts, and melted butter in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Remove 1½ cup and set aside for the topping. Add butter or coconut oil and quickly pulse until combined. Do not overmix or nuts will turn to paste.
- Press the butter-nut mixture firmly into the bottom of prepared pan. Use metal measuring cup to evenly press the filling in the pan and ensure a compacted base.
- Place dried strawberries in food processor and pulse until finely minced. Add to reserved nuts. Stir and set aside.
- Clean out the food processor. Add cream cheese, mascarpone, feta, sugar, and heavy cream, and mix until smooth. Pour filling over nut crust, and smooth out. Sprinkle strawberry nut crumb evenly over top. Cover with foil, and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Calories 360
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 170 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g