Garlicky Mashed “Potatoes”
Keto-friendly cauliflower stands in for potatoes in this creamy, indulgent dish.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Keto-friendly cauliflower stands in for potatoes in this creamy, indulgent dish; barely cooked garlic adds a robust, pungent flavor. Top with Mushroom-Shallot Gravy, or stir in red pepper flakes or grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
For more about this recipe: Keto Thanksgiving
- 2 medium heads cauliflower
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. minced chives
- Remove cores from cauliflower, trim ends from core, and chop core into small pieces. Chop florets into small pieces. Transfer to medium pot, and add chicken stock. Cover, and cook on medium until soft, 10–12 minutes. Stock should be mostly evaporated.
- Add garlic cloves, cream, and butter, and cook 2 minutes longer, until mixture is hot and butter is melted. Mash mixture with potato masher, or transfer to a food processor and pulse to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 140 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g