Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Keto-friendly cauliflower stands in for potatoes in this creamy, indulgent dish; barely cooked garlic adds a robust, pungent flavor. Top with Mushroom-Shallot Gravy, or stir in red pepper flakes or grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
For more about this recipe: Keto Thanksgiving
- Remove cores from cauliflower, trim ends from core, and chop core into small pieces. Chop florets into small pieces. Transfer to medium pot, and add chicken stock. Cover, and cook on medium until soft, 10–12 minutes. Stock should be mostly evaporated.
- Add garlic cloves, cream, and butter, and cook 2 minutes longer, until mixture is hot and butter is melted. Mash mixture with potato masher, or transfer to a food processor and pulse to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 140 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g