Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
- Heat oil in large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and rosemary sprigs, and sauté 5–7 minutes, or until onion has softened.
- Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds.Add tomatoes, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 3–5 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs.
- Add chickpeas, and slightly mash with fork or potato masher to thicken soup. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add pasta, and cook 1 minute less than package directions suggest.
- Season soup with salt, if desired, and pepper. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. Parmesan and 1 tsp. basil.
- Calories 360
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 500 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g