Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For thousands of years, turmeric has been a widely used remedy in Eastern medicine, and in relatively recent times, science has been validating the merits of this ancient wisdom. Native to southern Asia, turmeric enjoys a long history of use for the treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, pain, allergies, asthma, sinusitis, coughs, and liver disorders. A large body of science shows that curcumin, a compound in turmeric root, possesses significant healing properties and is chiefly responsible for the herb’s overall healing powers.
Golden milk is a soothing elixir that combines the benefits of turmeric with warm milk for a comforting bedtime drink.
- Combine all ingredients except the date in a small saucepan and warm on medium-low heat for 10–15 minutes until the mixture comes to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat, strain, and pour into blender.
- Add date and blend on low, then high, to create a foamy, frothy head on the milk.
- Pour into cups and serve.
Learn more about the benefits of turmeric here:
- Serving Size 1 Cup
- Calories 120
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 150 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g