Better Than Mom’s Chicken Noodle Soup
Rich chicken bone broth, ginger, garlic, cayenne and lemon juice boost your immune system in this quick, nourishing chicken noodle soup.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This chicken noodle soup will leave you feeling warm and cozy. Immune-balancing curcumin (a powerful compound in turmeric) makes this soup a perfect remedy for colds or cold nights.
2 cups (5 oz) Cybele’s Free-to-Eat Superfood Veggie Pasta in Superfood White (p. 46)
5 cups The Osso Good Co. Chicken Bone Broth, fully defrosted (p. 44)
1 8-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
2 tbsp Bragg Organic Coconut Liquid Aminos Seasoning (p. 41)
1 lemongrass stalk, split lengthwise
1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1½ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp sea salt
Pinch ground cayenne pepper
1½ cups 1-inch broccoli florets
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat to medium and simmer gently until al dente, about 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with warm water. Divide among 4 soup bowls and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to a medium saucepan, add broth, 1 cup water, chicken, carrots, coconut aminos, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt and cayenne. Cover and bring to a simmer on medium-high. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer, covered, until chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Discard lemongrass.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and chop or shred into bite-size pieces; return to soup. Add lemon juice and green onions. Ladle soup into bowls over rotini.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 285
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 464 mg
- Sugar Content 6.5 g