Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This chicken noodle soup will leave you feeling warm and cozy. Immune-balancing curcumin (a powerful compound in turmeric) makes this soup a perfect remedy for colds or cold nights.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta, reduce heat to medium and simmer gently until al dente, about 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with warm water. Divide among 4 soup bowls and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to a medium saucepan, add broth, 1 cup water, chicken, carrots, coconut aminos, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, turmeric, salt and cayenne. Cover and bring to a simmer on medium-high. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer, covered, until chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Discard lemongrass.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and chop or shred into bite-size pieces; return to soup. Add lemon juice and green onions. Ladle soup into bowls over rotini.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 285
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 464 mg
- Sugar Content 6.5 g