View full article at: Non-GMO Foods for Baking
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/8 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 6 Tbs. organic pasture-raised butter, softened
- 3 Tbs. organic 100% pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. organic, gluten-free pure vanilla extract or vanilla powder (optional)
- 6 Tbs. finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, add salt to almond flour, and set aside. In larger bowl, mix together butter, maple syrup, and vanilla, if using. Mix in flour mixture, half a cup at a time, until batter forms. Stir in pecans.
- Use tablespoon to scoop rounded spoonfuls of batter onto parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet. Use your fingers to smooth out mounds of dough, then flatten the cookies with fork first one way, then another,
- to create a crisscross pattern on top.
- Place in freezer 5 minutes to quickly chill, then bake on middle rack of oven 8-12 minutes, watching closely to ensure cookies don't burn.
- When cookies are lightly brown on bottom, remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack, and let cool before serving or storing.
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 40 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g