This emerald-hued, nutrient-dense dish is as beautiful to look at as it is to devour, and it pairs perfectly with pretty much any protein!
See related article: How Lotus Foods Reduces Impact of Rice Growing on the Environment.
- 1 cup Lotus Foods Jade Pearl Rice
- 3/4 cup brewed green tea
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs. Kuli Kuli moringa powder
- 2 Tbs. Primal Kitchen California Extra-Virgin Avocado Oil, divided
- 1 tsp. Real Salt kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh sorrel leaves (or arugula)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions, green tops only
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Grind of black pepper
- In medium saucepan, combine rice, green tea, water, moringa powder, 1 Tbs. avocado oil, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, place the spinach, sorrel, and scallions on top of rice. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork, gently stirring greens into rice. Transfer to serving bowl, top with remaining avocado oil and a grind or two of pepper, then scatter the shredded basil over all.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 490 mg