This emerald-hued, nutrient-dense dish is as beautiful to look at as it is to devour, and it pairs perfectly with pretty much any protein!
See related article: How Lotus Foods Reduces Impact of Rice Growing on the Environment.
- In medium saucepan, combine rice, green tea, water, moringa powder, 1 Tbs. avocado oil, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, place the spinach, sorrel, and scallions on top of rice. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork, gently stirring greens into rice. Transfer to serving bowl, top with remaining avocado oil and a grind or two of pepper, then scatter the shredded basil over all.
- Serving Size 1 serving
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 490 mg