Green Tea Chicken Curry Recipe
Already infused with the super anti-inflammatory spice turmeric, this traditional curry gets an extra boost of antioxidants from green tea.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
From the article: 3 Great Green Tea Recipes
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs. chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. chopped peeled fresh garlic cloves
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 Tbs. harissa spice
- 2 Tbs. safflower oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled, quartered, and thickly sliced
- 1 cup strongly brewed green tea
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- In large bowl, combine chicken, ginger, garlic, curry powder, and harissa spice. Marinate in refrigerator several hours, or overnight.
- In heavy-bottomed pot, heat safflower oil over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until softened. Increase heat, add chicken mixture, and cook five minutes, stirring often, until meat is lightly browned. Add tea and chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 35 minutes. Remove cover, increase heat slightly, and cook until liquid is reduced to your liking.
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 145 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 200 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g