Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Serve this with simple steamed rice and fresh sautéed vegetables. We used Orange Quinoa Turmeric Chocolate from Elements Truffles.
For more about this recipe: Interview with Alak Vasa, Creator of Elements Truffles
- Marinate chicken in 2 Tbs. olive oil, cilantro, shallots, and lime zest for 2 hours or overnight.
- In small saucepan, heat remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté, stirring often, about 4 minutes, or until translucent. Add flour and chile powder, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken broth, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat, add chipotle and chocolate, and whisk gently until chocolate is melted and combined. Keep warm.
- Grill chicken over high heat until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Platter, and drizzle with two Tbs. sauce. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.
- Calories 580
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 70 mg
- Fat Content 40 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 980 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g