Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Chile-Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate adds a deep, rich, glossy finish and flavor when drizzled over grilled chicken cutlets.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Serve this with simple steamed rice and fresh sautéed vegetables. We used Orange Quinoa Turmeric Chocolate from Elements Truffles.
For more about this recipe: Interview with Alak Vasa, Creator of Elements Truffles
4 large organic chicken tenders, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tbs. chopped shallot
1 tsp. microplaned lime zest
2 Tbs. grated brown onion
1 tsp. flour
1 tsp. ancho chile powder
1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 Tbs. chipotle in adobo
- Elements Orange Quinoa Turmeric Chocolate
- Marinate chicken in 2 Tbs. olive oil, cilantro, shallots, and lime zest for 2 hours or overnight.
- In small saucepan, heat remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté, stirring often, about 4 minutes, or until translucent. Add flour and chile powder, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken broth, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat, add chipotle and chocolate, and whisk gently until chocolate is melted and combined. Keep warm.
- Grill chicken over high heat until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Platter, and drizzle with two Tbs. sauce. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.
- Calories 580
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 70 mg
- Fat Content 40 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 980 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g