Grilled Corn, Avocado, & Tomato Lettuce Cups
This brilliantly fresh lunch dish utilizes the best flavors of the season. Add cooked shredded chicken for a protein boost.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Seasonal produce shines in this light-and-cool low-carb treat. For more delicious summer recipes, see The Perfect Summer Menu.
Grilled White Corn, Avocado, & Cherry Tomato Lettuce Cups
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice (preferably Meyer lemon)
- 1 tsp. microplaned lemon zest
- ½ Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. robust extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. walnut oil
- 4 ears white corn, shucked & rinsed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large avocado
- 1 basket heirloom cherry tomatoes
- Handful of chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 small head bibb or Boston lettuce, separated & rinsed
- To Make Dressing: In small jar, combine lemon juice, zest, and mustard, and shake thoroughly. Add olive and walnut oils, and shake until well blended.
- To Make Salad: Drizzle corn with olive oil and grill over medium heat for about 8 minutes, turning twice. Allow to cool, then cut off kernels.
- Peel avocado and remove pit, cut into one-inch pieces. Cut cherry tomatoes into halves. In large bowl combine corn, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro. Drizzle with ¼ cup of dressing, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss very gently.
- Place two lettuce leaves on each of four plates, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Distribute corn mix among leaves in small mounds, and serve.
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g