Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Seasonal produce shines in this light-and-cool low-carb treat. For more delicious summer recipes, see The Perfect Summer Menu.
Grilled White Corn, Avocado, & Cherry Tomato Lettuce Cups
- To Make Dressing: In small jar, combine lemon juice, zest, and mustard, and shake thoroughly. Add olive and walnut oils, and shake until well blended.
- To Make Salad: Drizzle corn with olive oil and grill over medium heat for about 8 minutes, turning twice. Allow to cool, then cut off kernels.
- Peel avocado and remove pit, cut into one-inch pieces. Cut cherry tomatoes into halves. In large bowl combine corn, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro. Drizzle with ¼ cup of dressing, add salt and pepper to taste, and toss very gently.
- Place two lettuce leaves on each of four plates, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Distribute corn mix among leaves in small mounds, and serve.
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g