Grilled Corn Guacamole
Serve up a super summer snack without the guilt with this lightened-up version of traditional guacamole that slashes the carbs without sacrificing flavor.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Grilled corn gives this simple guacamole extra depth of flavor and texture. If you don’t have a grill, you can broil the corn in a pinch. Just preheat the broiler pan for 5 minutes, place the corn on the pan, and broil on high. Leave the oven door cracked to prevent the corn from steaming.
Grilled Corn Guacamole Recipe
- 4 ears corn
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 avocados
- ½ medium red onion, minced (½ cup)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small serrano chile, seeded and finely minced
- 2-4 Tbs. sour cream or plain yogurt
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Shuck corn. Brush ears lightly with olive oil. Grill over medium-high flame, 4 to 6 inches from heat, for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned. Remove from heat, and let cool. (Alternatively, broil in oven under high heat.) Remove kernels from corn cob with sharp knife. Set aside.
- Peel, pit, and coarsely chop avocado. Combine with red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and serrano in medium bowl, stirring gently to mix. Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in about two-thirds of corn. Sprinkle remaining corn on top, and serve immediately.
- Calories 232
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 22 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g