Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Grilled corn gives this simple guacamole extra depth of flavor and texture. If you don’t have a grill, you can broil the corn in a pinch. Just preheat the broiler pan for 5 minutes, place the corn on the pan, and broil on high. Leave the oven door cracked to prevent the corn from steaming.
Grilled Corn Guacamole Recipe
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Shuck corn. Brush ears lightly with olive oil. Grill over medium-high flame, 4 to 6 inches from heat, for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned. Remove from heat, and let cool. (Alternatively, broil in oven under high heat.) Remove kernels from corn cob with sharp knife. Set aside.
- Peel, pit, and coarsely chop avocado. Combine with red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and serrano in medium bowl, stirring gently to mix. Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in about two-thirds of corn. Sprinkle remaining corn on top, and serve immediately.
- Calories 232
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 22 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g