For more Cinco de Mayo recipes: Cinco de Mayo Spa Cuisine
Food photography by Pornchai Mittongtare
Food styling by Jeanne Kelley
Prop styling by Robin Turk
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen mango cubes (about 2 large mangoes)
- 1 medium serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 fresh lime
- Combine shrimp, olive oil, cumin, and red pepper flakes in large bowl, and stir to mix. Let stand 20-30 minutes, or refrigerate 2-3 hours if time allows.
- In medium bowl, combine mango, Serrano chili, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and lime. Stir to mix well, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Salsa can be made ahead of time, up to 24 hours in advance.
- Preheat grill to medium and lightly oil racks. Thread shrimp on skewers, and grill 4-5 minutes, turning once, until just cooked through and opaque.
- To serve, arrange shrimp on bed of greens. Top with mango salsa, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Cholesterol Content: 145 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 640 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g