Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- To make aioli: Combine garlic, egg, lemon juice, and salt in food processor. Add canola oil in steady stream, then stir in chili sauce, vinegar, honey, and chiles.
- To make tuna: Combine ingredients from soy sauce through lime juice in large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Add tuna steaks, and coat with marinade. Allow to marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to 400°F. Remove tuna from marinade and liberally spray both sides of steaks with nonstick spray.
- To quadrillage, pretend grill is the face of a clock, and place “tail” of each steak pointing at the “4 o’clock” position. After 11/2 minutes, gently lift each steak, rotate tail to the 8 o’clock position (do not flip), and cook 11/2 minutes more.
- Flip steaks, place tails at 8 o’clock position, and cook 11/2 minutes. Rotate tails to 4 o’clock position (do not flip), and cook 11/2 minutes more. Remove steaks from grill, and serve with Garlic Chili Aioli.
- Calories 425
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 78 mg
- Fat Content 30 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 685 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g