For more about this recipe: Ham-Yam Quiche Dijon
- 4 baked sweet potatoes or garnet yams, cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp. hot sauce, optional, for a little kick
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped organic ham
- ¼ cup finely chopped baby kale
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- Using sharp knife, cleanly slice off top of each potato, and set aside. Carefully scoop out most of the flesh with melon baller or spoon, leaving enough flesh inside skin for potato to hold its shape well. Save scooped flesh for another use. (Chilled cooked sweet potato is great in post-workout smoothies.) Arrange potatoes open-side-up on prepared baking sheet.
- In small bowl, lightly whisk together eggs, mustard, hot sauce, if using, salt, and pepper. Add ham and kale, and stir with fork to thoroughly combine.
- Carefully spoon egg filling into cavity of each potato until nearly full. Top each potato with one quarter of green onion.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until the centers are almost solid, but mixture is still soft.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 190 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 630 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g