Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
THE POWER OF PAPAIN: The pineapple in these grilled Hawaiian Chicken Breasts contains papain, a potent digestive enzyme that aids the body in digestion by making it easier to break down proteins. This nutrient-packed fruit has also been found to help reduce pain and inflammation in the body.
Hawaiian Chicken Breasts
- In large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken. Transfer marinade to large zip-top freezer bag, and add chicken. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Massage chicken mixture to evenly distribute marinade, and place bag flat on a freezer shelf. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- To cook: Remove bag of frozen chicken from freezer and place on large dish. Thaw in fridge, 24 hours.
- Preheat indoor grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade. Grill chicken, turning once, 15–18 minutes, until no longer pink inside and thermometer inserted into thickest part 165°F. (If you don’t have an indoor grill, broil chicken 7–9 minutes per side.)
- Calories 162
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 78 mg
- Fat Content 3.5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 168 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g