Often called "the heart herb," hawthorn is prized for its cardio-protective abilities. Used as a natural remedy for everything from angina to high blood pressure, hawthorn is rich in flavonoids for free radical protection. You can easily incorporate hawthorn into your life with this soothing tea.
For more about hawthorn, see 9 Supplements for Heart Health
- 1 tsp. dried hawthorn berries
- ½ tsp. dried albizia bark
- 1¼ cups filtered water
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh lemon balm
- ½ tsp. dried wood betony
- ¼ tsp. dried rosebuds or petals
- ¼ tsp. dried heartsease
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- Put hawthorn berries and albizia bark in small saucepan with measured water. Heat to nearly boiling, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately add remaining herbs. Cover pan with lid and let steep 10 minutes.
- Strain into a large mug, and add honey, if desired.