Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Often called “the heart herb,” hawthorn is prized for its cardio-protective abilities. Used as a natural remedy for everything from angina to high blood pressure, hawthorn is rich in flavonoids for free radical protection. You can easily incorporate hawthorn into your life with this soothing tea.
For more about hawthorn, see 9 Supplements for Heart Health
- Put hawthorn berries and albizia bark in small saucepan with measured water. Heat to nearly boiling, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately add remaining herbs. Cover pan with lid and let steep 10 minutes.
- Strain into a large mug, and add honey, if desired.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g