Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
- Prepare sauce: In a large skillet on medium, melt ghee. Add onion and sauté until golden, 5 minutes. Add carrot, celery, mushrooms, garlic, oregano, paprika, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes with liquid, tomato paste and ½ cup water; increase heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Meanwhile, make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients. Form about 2 heaping tbsp of mixture into each meatball, making about 20 meatballs.
- Add meatballs to skillet with sauce and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make cauli-rice: Pulse cauliflower in a food processor to rice-sized pieces. In a medium skillet on medium, melt ghee. Add cauli-rice and sauté 5 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and salt, cover and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir basil into tomato sauce. To serve, divide cauli-rice among plates. Top each serving with sauce and meatballs.
To learn more about the Whole30 diet, read more here:
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 535
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 177 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 960 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g