Holiday Pear Cranberry Crisp
Looking for an easy holiday-style dessert to fill your home with the scents of the season? This sweet treat, made with seasonal fruits, does not disappoint!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Heart, Soul, & Cereal: the Passion behind The Soulfull Project
- Soulfull Project Hearty Grains & Seeds
1/3 cup all-purpose organic flour
1/3 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
5 tablespoons organic unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
5 cups ripe pears, peeled, cored, & sliced (preferably Taylor Gold or Anjou)
3/4 cup fresh cranberries
1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice + 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup Baker’s superfine sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make topping: In a medium bowl, combine Grains mix, flour, brown sugar, Five Spice, and butter. Mix well with your hands, rubbing butter pieces between your fingers.
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries with lemon juice + almond extract. Sprinkle with cornstarch and sugar, toss lightly to coat.
- Transfer pear-cranberry mix to a lightly-buttered 8×8 glass baking dish; spread topping mix evenly over it. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet (to catch any drips) and bake for 40-45 minutes, until fruit is bubbling, and top is golden. If it browns too soon, cover with foil for remaining cooking time.
- Serve warm, with vanilla frozen yogurt if desired. Or go wild for the holidays, and serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g