Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Heart, Soul, & Cereal: the Passion behind The Soulfull Project
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make topping: In a medium bowl, combine Grains mix, flour, brown sugar, Five Spice, and butter. Mix well with your hands, rubbing butter pieces between your fingers.
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries with lemon juice + almond extract. Sprinkle with cornstarch and sugar, toss lightly to coat.
- Transfer pear-cranberry mix to a lightly-buttered 8×8 glass baking dish; spread topping mix evenly over it. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet (to catch any drips) and bake for 40-45 minutes, until fruit is bubbling, and top is golden. If it browns too soon, cover with foil for remaining cooking time.
- Serve warm, with vanilla frozen yogurt if desired. Or go wild for the holidays, and serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g