Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
These make-ahead honey-granola cookies are super-easy to make. Clover honey is sweet with a mildly floral taste, and it’s rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Dried cherries offer tartness and oats, sunflower seeds and almonds give these cookies a crunchy-chewy texture. Make them ahead and store them in a tin or plastic bag.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine brown sugar, butter, honey, water, and salt in large saucepan. Warm over low heat until sugar and honey melt, and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients, add to honey mixture, and stir to coat. Fill #16 scoop (or ¼ cup measuring cup) with dough, and drop onto baking sheets lined with parchment. Continue with remaining dough, dropping about 4 inches apart. Flatten dough balls slightly with scoop.
- Bake 13–15 minutes, or until set and golden. Transfer to a rack, and cool 20 minutes before serving.
Love homemade granola? Try one of these easy recipes:
- Serving Size 1 Cookie
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 135 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g