This grain-free bowl uses cauliflower instead of rice. It's topped with a simple, flavorful curry loaded with low-starch vegetables and candida-fighting herbs and spices. Adjust the curry powder to taste and add cayenne pepper for extra spiciness. Store-bought rotisserie chicken saves time, but you can also use tofu, shrimp, or any white fish.
For more about this recipe: Natural Candida Fighters
1 small head cauliflower
2 Tbs. coconut oil, divided
1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 Tbs. minced ginger root
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 cup green beans, thinly sliced on the diagonal
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Tbs. curry spice blend, or more, to taste
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Break cauliflower into 1-inch florets. Working in two batches, process florets in food processor, pulsing until florets are chopped into small, rice-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs. coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper, green beans, and tomatoes. Cook 4–5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, coconut milk, and curry spice. Reduce heat to low, and cook 3–4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While vegetables cook, heat remaining 1 Tbs. coconut oil in separate skillet. Add cauliflower, turmeric powder, salt, and white pepper. Cook 4–5 minutes, until cauliflower is just tender and golden.
- To serve, divide cauliflower ”rice“ among four bowls. Top with chicken and vegetables, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 60 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 370 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g