Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This grain-free bowl uses cauliflower instead of rice. It’s topped with a simple, flavorful curry loaded with low-starch vegetables and candida-fighting herbs and spices. Adjust the curry powder to taste and add cayenne pepper for extra spiciness. Store-bought rotisserie chicken saves time, but you can also use tofu, shrimp, or any white fish.
For more about this recipe: Natural Candida Fighters
- Break cauliflower into 1-inch florets. Working in two batches, process florets in food processor, pulsing until florets are chopped into small, rice-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs. coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper, green beans, and tomatoes. Cook 4–5 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, coconut milk, and curry spice. Reduce heat to low, and cook 3–4 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While vegetables cook, heat remaining 1 Tbs. coconut oil in separate skillet. Add cauliflower, turmeric powder, salt, and white pepper. Cook 4–5 minutes, until cauliflower is just tender and golden.
- To serve, divide cauliflower ”rice“ among four bowls. Top with chicken and vegetables, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 370 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g