Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Best Sugar Alternatives
Erythritol, monkfruit, stevia, inulin, and allulose work best in these recipes. When the recipe calls for confectioners’ sweetener, try using your blender to pulverize the no-calorie granulated sweeteners into a fine powder.
- Mix almond paste ingredients well in a food processor until they form a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat.
- Place 1 egg white, sweetener, and almond paste in a food processor.
- Process until smooth. Whisk second egg white in bowl with 1 tsp. water.
- Wet hands and roll dough into 121/2-inch balls. Dip in egg white and cover top side with pine nuts. Set on baking sheet and press down into disks. Bake 10 minutes and turn baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes more, until golden brown.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g