Jackfruit Gyros Recipe
For more 7 “new” superfoods to try in 2017 recipes: 7 Unusual Super Foods…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more 7 “new” superfoods to try in 2017 recipes: 7 Unusual Super Foods
- 1 Tbs. organic margarine
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 20-oz. can young jackfruit in brine, rinsed, drained, and pulled apart into shreds
- ¾ cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 Tbs. lemon juice, divided
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- ¾ tsp. ground coriander
- Heat margarine in skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Add onion, and sauté 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Add jackfruit, and cook 20 minutes, or until browned and caramelized.
- Add broth, 2 Tbs. lemon juice, oregano, soy sauce, and coriander, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Simmer 10–15 minutes, or until liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- Stir in remaining 2 Tbs. lemon juice.
- Calories 1002
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 292 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g