Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
For more about nutritional yeast – Nutritional and Brewer’s Yeasts: What’s the Difference?
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. In food processor or high-powered blender, process the cashews and oil into a smooth paste. Add water, nutritional yeast, and salt and pepper, and pulse a few times to mix well without overprocessing the yeast.
- Strip leaves off kale, and discard stems. Tear leaves into chip-sized pieces, and place in large bowl.
- Add seasoning mixture, and massage into leaves with your hands, coating them thoroughly. If the mixture is too thick, thin it with a little water or lemon juice.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread out chips. Bake 20-30 minutes, until dry and crispy, but still green. Or use a dehydrator (200˚F for 1-2 hours).
- Calories 430
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 14 g
- Sodium Content 90 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g