Kat James’ Nut, Hempseed, & Butter Balls
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup organic butter, softened to room temperature
- Alcohol-free vanilla stevia, to taste
- ½ cup high-fiber hemp protein (I use Nutiva) or plain whey protein
- Sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste
- 1/3 cup tahini or pumpkin seed butter
- Hempseed and/or crushed pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, or almonds, or roasted sesame seeds.
- Optional: ½ tsp. alcohol-free flavoring such as banana, maple, anise, mint, or fresh citrus zest
- Combine ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate until firm (about half an hour). Roll into golf ball-sized balls (a mini ice cream scoop works well), then roll in your choice of hempseed and/or crushed pumpkin seeds, brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, or roasted sesame seeds. Keep refrigerated.
- Serving Size 1 ball
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 24 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 17 g
- Sodium Content 100 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g