For more information about this recipe: ReDo You 2010 Contest Winner
- 5 medium organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream or full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 51/2 Tbs. organic butter, melted and slightly cooled to warm
- 1/3 cup ground chia seeds or Salba
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. nonaluminum baking powder
- Combine eggs, cream, and butter in bowl with whisk or hand mixer.
- Combine chia seeds, salt, and baking powder in separate bowl with fork. Gradually whisk into egg mixture. Allow batter to sit 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour dollops into well-heated and buttered stove-top or electric griddle or waffle iron (follow waffle iron directions; some do not require greasing). Fry pancakes until bubbles form at edges, flip, and cook until golden brown on bottom.
- Calories: 397
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 320 mg
- Fat Content: 39 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20 g
- Sodium Content: 373 mg