Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
These bite-sized sweet and savory morsels of goodness were made for potlucks. They will disappear fast. If you want a hefty portion of these just for yourself, better make extra! If you are in a hurry, use store-bought meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 400° F degrees. Line backing sheets with parchment.
- Soak bread in milk for 10 minutes in a large bowl. Meanwhile sauté onions in butter over medium low heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add onions, turkey, egg and all spices and cranberries to the soaked bread. Mix with your hands until very well combined.
- Roll into one-inch small bite-sized meatballs. Place on baking sheets and bake until brown for 15 minutes. Place in a large pot or Dutch oven.
- Stir sauce ingredients and pour over the meatballs. Heat through over medium-low heat. Keep warm while serving.