For more about this recipe: 6 Foods That Boost Libido
Makes 30 Truffles
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- Generous pinch saffron threads (saffron truffle)
- 3 Tbs. pomegranate seeds (pomegranate truffle)
- 3 Tbs. red wine (red wine truffle)
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder (saffron truffle)
- ¼ cup finely chopped shredded coconut (pomegranate truffle)
- ¼ cup coarse sugar (red wine truffle)
Finely chop chocolate or chocolate chips, and transfer to large bowl. Bring cream to a boil, pour over chocolate, and let stand 1 minute. Stir mixture until creamy and smooth, and divide into three small bowls.
In one bowl, crumble saffron over chocolate, and stir to mix. In second bowl, stir in pomegranate seeds. In third bowl, stir in wine. Refrigerate all three bowls, uncovered, 2 hours, or until firm.
Using a large melon baller or cookie scoop, scoop out balls of each mixture, and roll with hands to smooth. Roll saffron truffles in dark cocoa powder. Roll pomegranate truffles in coconut. Roll wine truffles in sugar. Arrange all on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.