Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
1. In large saucepan, add potatoes and enough water to generously cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat, partially cover, and simmer 10–15 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain well.
2. While potatoes are cooking, in a large sauté pan or Dutch oven, cook turkey bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set on paper towels to drain.
3. Add onion to hot pan and cook in oils left by the bacon, 4–5 minutes until softened, but not browned. Stir in sugar, salt, pepper, ½ cup broth, and vinegar until well combined. Increase heat to medium high and simmer about 3 minutes.
4. While vinegar mixture is simmering, in a small cup stir kudzu into 1 Tbs. broth until dissolved. Pour kudzu mixture into vinegar mixture and simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to medium low and crumble bacon strips into mixture. Fold in potatoes and heat 2–3 minutes until warm throughout.
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 155 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 550 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g