Magic Mojo Smoothie
Loaded with energy-boosting superstars, this smoothie will kickstart your day or help you recover from a workout. With almonds, cacao, coffee, banana, maca, chia, and cayenne this dessert-style diva will wake you up!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you prefer, substitute cashew, soy, oat, or any other milk for the almond milk; baby spinach for the collard greens; cashew butter for almond butter; and pure maple syrup (to taste) for the dates. For more delicious smoothie recipes, see: Super Summer Smoothies from The Blender Girl. Recipe reprinted from The Perfect Blend by Tess Masters.
Magic Mojo Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or hemp milk (strained if homemade)
- 1/4 cup espresso (2 shots), plus more to taste
- ¼ cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. probiotic powder (roughly the contents of a capsule)
- 1 cup loosely chopped collard greens (stalks removed)
- ½ cup frozen raw cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup roasted almond butter
- ¼ cup firmly packed chopped pitted dates, soaked
- 1 tsp. natural vanilla extract
- 1 ½ frozen bananas, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbs. maca powder
- 1 Tbs. chia seeds (black or white)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Throw all ingredients except bananas and boosters into your blender, and blast on high for 30 seconds, until well combined. Add boosters and frozen bananas and blast again on high for another 30 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Drink immediately before the collard greens get assertive and the chia seeds (if using) thicken the drink.
- Calories 526
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Fat Content 27.7 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6.8 g
- Sodium Content 153.7 mg
- Sugar Content 40 g