If you can’t find good mangos, substitute 4 or 5 cubes of thawed frozen mango cubes. Cutting the vegetables into small, even pieces makes for a pretty presentation; you can also purée all the ingredients for a smooth, creamy soup.
- 4 large mangos, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced, divided
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup mango, apple, or white grape juice (substitute water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 small red onion, diced small (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, stems and seeds removed, finely minced
- Fresh chives for garnish
1. Combine mango, half the cucumber, lime juice, mango or other juice, olive oil, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
2. Transfer puréed mixture to a large bowl and add remaining cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper. Add additional mango or other juice to thin if desired. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Divide between individual bowls, and garnish with chives. Serve chilled.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sugar Content: 34 g