Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
If you can’t find good mangos, substitute 4 or 5 cubes of thawed frozen mango cubes. Cutting the vegetables into small, even pieces makes for a pretty presentation; you can also purée all the ingredients for a smooth, creamy soup.
1. Combine mango, half the cucumber, lime juice, mango or other juice, olive oil, and garlic in a blender or food processor. Purée until smooth.
2. Transfer puréed mixture to a large bowl and add remaining cucumber, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper. Add additional mango or other juice to thin if desired. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Divide between individual bowls, and garnish with chives. Serve chilled.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 240
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 34 g