This superfoods riff on the traditional frangipane tart adds matcha green tea powder to an almond-paste filling, and swaps almond flour for the crust, with coconut sugar and coconut oil standing in for white sugar and butter. Cranberries and pistachios add color and extra nutrition to this vibrant dessert.
For more about this recipe: Superfood Thanksgiving
- For filling: finely grind almonds and flour in processor. Blend in matcha powder. Add honey, 4 Tbs. coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl, cover, and chill 3 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before filling crust.
- For crust: combine remaining coconut oil and coconut sugar to bowl of stand mixer, and beat on medium-high until creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl, then beat in egg yolk. Whisk almond flour, tapioca flour, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to mixer, beating on low speed until just combined. Evenly press dough into bottom and sides of lightly oiled 9-inch fluted tart pan; prick dough every 2 inches with fork. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove crust from freezer. Spoon filling into crust. Gently press pistachios and cranberries into filling. Bake until top and crust start to turn golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean (about 30 minutes). Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 75 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g