Meat & Veggie Mac ’n’ Cheese
Made with Serenity Kids' all-natural baby foods, this wholesome riff on traditional mac 'n' cheese is packed with protein and paleo-friendly.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Transitioning your wee ones from puréed to grown-up food? Try this tasty and nourishing Mac ‘n’ Cheese, made with Serenity Kids’ Bison and Organic Roots baby foods and Broccoli & Spinach Grain-Free Puffs. You’ll be tempted to gobble it up yourself!
To make the recipe Paleo, we used vegan cheese, but feel free to go with regular cheddar cheese. See Serenity Kids: Mainstreaming Natural Baby Food for more about the company’s line of wholesome foods for infants and kids.
Meat & Veggie Mac ’n’ Cheese recipe
- 1 cup cooked lentil pasta (we like Tolerant Organic Green Lentil Elbows)
- 1 pouch Serenity Kids Bison
- 1 pouch Serenity Kids Organic Roots
- ¼ cup frozen organic petite peas, defrosted
- 1 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley
- 1 Tbs. avocado oil (we like Primal Kitchen)
- 2 Tbs. vegan cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs. Serenity Kids Broccoli & Spinach Grain Free Puffs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine pasta, Bison, Organic Roots, peas, parsley, and avocado oil. Stir gently, then transfer to medium oven-proof ceramic or glass dish. Sprinkle cheese shreds over the top.
- Cook in oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 12–15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Sprinkle Grain Free Puffs over top, and serve.
- Calories 520
- Carbohydrate Content 67 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 190 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g