Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Heat large frying pan over medium heat, and pour olive oil to coat bottom of pan. Sauté onions until translucent and soft; avoid browning.
2. Add green bell pepper, carrots, and celery, if using, and cook until softened.
3. Add minced garlic, and sauté one minute more. Add diced tomatoes and mix well. Simmer over very low heat 20–40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a thick sauce is achieved.
4. Allow to cool, then store in the refrigerator.
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g