Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
1. Heat large frying pan over medium heat, and pour olive oil to coat bottom of pan. Sauté onions until translucent and soft; avoid browning.
2. Add green bell pepper, carrots, and celery, if using, and cook until softened.
3. Add minced garlic, and sauté one minute more. Add diced tomatoes and mix well. Simmer over very low heat 20–40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a thick sauce is achieved.
4. Allow to cool, then store in the refrigerator.
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g