What Is Matcha?
Matcha is a finely ground powder of dried green tea leaves. The leaves are grown differently than those in regular green tea—matcha features leaves from shade-grown trees, which boosts its chlorophyll content and offers other unique benefits. All in all, matcha is:
- High in catechins (particularly EGCG), plant compounds with natural antioxidant properties.
- Naturally rich in minerals, including potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, and iron. Contains L-theanine, an amino acid that has been shown to reduce stress and promote relaxation. A good source of natural caffeine—an 8-oz. cup has anywhere from 40 to 70 mg of caffeine. In case you’re wondering, an 8-oz. cup of coffee has 95 mg of caffeine, and a cup of green tea contains 27 mg.
Vibrant Health Green Vibrance Match Tea
- Make crust: Mix all three crust ingredients in blender until a loose, dough-like consistency forms. Once mixture is well-blended, place small amounts in bottom of mini-springform pans or glass dishes, and press down until crust forms.
- Make filling: Add filling ingredients to blender, and mix until smooth. Pour into crust. Allow cakes to set overnight in refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Monique Sourinho (@bee.the.love) for VibrantHealth.com.
- Calories 480
- Carbohydrate Content 72 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 410 mg
- Sugar Content 49 g