Mini No-Bake Matcha Tea Cheesecakes
Do you ever feel guilty after eating something sweet? Well, this mini cheesecake recipe is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without overindulging. Not only does it include a comprehensive green superfood powder, its filling is primarily cashews—who knew?
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
What Is Matcha?
Matcha is a finely ground powder of dried green tea leaves. The leaves are grown differently than those in regular green tea—matcha features leaves from shade-grown trees, which boosts its chlorophyll content and offers other unique benefits. All in all, matcha is:
- High in catechins (particularly EGCG), plant compounds with natural antioxidant properties.
- Naturally rich in minerals, including potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, and iron. Contains L-theanine, an amino acid that has been shown to reduce stress and promote relaxation. A good source of natural caffeine—an 8-oz. cup has anywhere from 40 to 70 mg of caffeine. In case you’re wondering, an 8-oz. cup of coffee has 95 mg of caffeine, and a cup of green tea contains 27 mg.
Vibrant Health Green Vibrance Match Tea
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1½ cups granola (we used gr8nola Matcha Tea)
- A pinch of salt
- 1½ cups raw cashews (presoaked in hot water for 1 hour)
- ¾ cups coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ Tbs. sea salt
- 1 scoop Green Vibrance Matcha Tea
- Make crust: Mix all three crust ingredients in blender until a loose, dough-like consistency forms. Once mixture is well-blended, place small amounts in bottom of mini-springform pans or glass dishes, and press down until crust forms.
- Make filling: Add filling ingredients to blender, and mix until smooth. Pour into crust. Allow cakes to set overnight in refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Monique Sourinho (@bee.the.love) for VibrantHealth.com.
- Calories 480
- Carbohydrate Content 72 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 410 mg
- Sugar Content 49 g