Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Cannabinoids like CBD work by interacting with receptors in the body’s endocannabinoid system. Those receptors then work to relay instructions all over your body, from your heart and brain to your gastrointestinal system and pain receptors.
CBD works as an anti-inflammatory, helps with anxiety relief, boosts mood, protects against chronic stress, helps with gastrointestinal issues, decreases pain, improves sleep, and more. And because CBD oil is fast-acting in comparison to many adaptogens, which can require weeks to start working, its effects can be felt quickly. This, of course, means you get the emotional or physical relief you need ASAP.
Related: What is Hemp CBD Oil?
Anything called mint chocolate chip should be green, right? That’s why avocado, spirulina, and spinach play a major role in this smoothie. If you have fresh mint on hand, use about 2 tablespoons of leaves in place of mint extract, but whichever option you use, this smoothie’s mint aroma is a super energizing way to start the day. No Cacao nibs? Use chocolate chips instead. This is also a great opportunity to use any mint-flavored CBD oil.
Text and recipe excerpted from CBD Drinks for Health by Carlene Thomas. © 2020 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
- Add hemp milk, tofu, mint, spirulina, CBD, avocado, spinach, banana, and ice to blender.
- Start blender on low and increase to high for 45 seconds. Stop blender and add 1 Tbs. cacao nibs.
- Blend an additional 30 seconds until smooth with cacao flecks. Pour into two glasses and top each with ¹⁄8 tsp. cacao nibs and mint sprig. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 2
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 90 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g