Mocha Oat Pancakes
These fluffy, protein-packed pancakes are sure to perk up your weekend mornings. You can also spread some nut butter and/or cream cheese between two leftover pancakes for an ultimate fast-food breakfast sandwich. For more about this recipe: Cooking with Protein Powder…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These fluffy, protein-packed pancakes are sure to perk up your weekend mornings. You can also spread some nut butter and/or cream cheese between two leftover pancakes for an ultimate fast-food breakfast sandwich.
For more about this recipe: Cooking with Protein Powder
2/3 cup rolled oats
¾ cup brewed coffee
½ cup milk or unsweetened dairy-free milk
¾ cup oat flour
¼ cup chocolate or vanilla protein powder
2 Tbs. cocoa powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. cayenne (optional)
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbs. melted butter or coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla protein powder)
¼ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbs. pure maple syrup
1 ½ cups raspberries
- Combine oats, coffee, and milk in large bowl, and set aside 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cayenne if using, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Stir egg, butter or coconut oil, and vanilla into oat-coffee mixture. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix gently, and fold in walnuts.
- Heat a greased skillet or griddle pan over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup batter for each pancake into pan, and cook until tops are covered with a few bubbles and edges look dry and cooked, about 2 minutes. Flip, and cook 1 minute more. Keep prepared pancakes warm in oven set to 200°F while you cook remaining batter.
- Stir together yogurt and maple syrup. Serve pancakes topped with dollops of maple yogurt and raspberries.
- Serving Size Per serving (with plant-based protein powder):
- Calories 430
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 95 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 440 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g