No-bake Strawberry-Pistachio Tart
This gluten-free, grain-free tart is easy to make—and no hot ovens required. A springform pan with a removable bottom makes serving easier, but you can also use a ceramic tart dish and serve it in the dish.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Be sure the dates are fresh and soft; you can soak them in warm water for a few minutes, then drain before using. For a vegan option, purée a cup of raw cashew butter with half a cup of full-fat coconut milk and swap for the yogurt.
- 1 cup shelled pistachios plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- Pinch of sea salt
- 10 large, pitted Medjool dates, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups well-chopped strawberries, plus 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs. honey
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean (substitute 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
1. Combine 1 cup pistachios, cashews, and salt in a food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Add chopped dates and continue processing until mixture forms a ball.
2. Evenly press mixture into a lightly oiled 9-inch springform tart pan to form a crust. Cover and freeze for 20 minutes.
3. While crust is freezing, combine chopped strawberries, yogurt, honey, and vanilla; stir to mix well.
4. Remove crust from freezer and spoon yogurt filling in. Smooth top with a spatula, cover and freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
5. Remove tart from freezer and let stand for 5 minutes before removing springform pan. Transfer tart onto a serving dish and arrange sliced strawberries and remaining pistachios on top. Serve immediately.
- Calories 310
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 32 g