For more about this recipe: Confection Perfection
- About 20Servings
- 3 cups NOW Real Food Coconut
- 3 Tbs. NOW Real Food Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup Grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 11/2 cups NOW Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place shredded coconut in sauté pan on medium low heat. Toss for 2 minutes, or until coconut has toasted.
- In medium bowl, pour coconut oil, maple syrup, almond extract, toasted coconut, cocoa powder, almond flour, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Using 2 Tbs. mixture per cookie, shape into mounds, packing mixture firmly. Distribute onto parchment-covered baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between. Do not press down.
- Bake 15 minutes. Let cool, and transfer to cooling rack.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Calories: 129
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 37 mg