Omega-3 Citrus Salmon Salad Wraps
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. mellow white miso paste
- Juice of 1/2 each small orange and lemon
- 1 Tbs. raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. flaxseed oil
- 1-inch knob ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1 generous Tbs. minced chives
- 1 4-ounce can wild Alaskan salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1 loosely packed cup mild sprouts, any variety
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 4 large Romaine or red lettuce leaves
- 8 Sungold tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- In a wide-mouth cup, combine miso, citrus juices, vinegar, flaxseed oil, and ginger, and blend until smooth with an immersion blender to make dressing. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, use a mini-blender or finely mince the ginger and whisk all ingredients together thoroughly by hand.)
- Stir in the chives and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine salmon, sprouts, carrot, and dressing and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Fold in avocado, and divide salad evenly among lettuce leaves.
- Top each wrap with equal amounts of tomatoes to serve.
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 740 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g