Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
For more Simply amazing midday meal ideas: What’s for Lunch?
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, combine ground meats, egg, granulated garlic and onion, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix gently but thoroughly to just combine ingredients. Do not overwork meat.
- Transfer mixture to 16-inch pizza pan. Gently press meat into circular pizza crust about ½-inch thick (it will shrink by an inch or two in diameter while cooking). Slide pan into oven, and bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven, drain extra juices, and set aside to rest. Slide oven rack into broiler position, and reset oven to broil.
- While crust is cooking, heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat, add zucchini, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté a few minutes until zucchini reaches desired tenderness and has released most of its liquids. Drain liquids, and set aside.
- Top crust with sauce, and arrange zucchini over sauce. Top with cheese, if using, and broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh herbs to serve.
- Calories 360
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 145 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 690 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g