Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The pale hue and sturdy texture of parsnips hold up well in this simple dish, and the mild sweetness is nicely balanced by the briny bite of olives. You can also swap turnips, rutabaga, or kohlrabi, or use carrots for a more dramatic color contrast.
For more about this recipe: Get Inspiralized!
- Combine olives, shallots, and capers in food processor. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped (don’t process until smooth). Add parsley, 1 Tbs. olive oil, and lemon juice, and pulse four or five times more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut ends and tops off parsnips, and spiralize into long, thin noodles. Heat remaining olive oil in large skillet, and sauté parsnips 4–5 minutes, until just tender.
- Transfer parsnips to large serving bowl. Add tapenade, and toss to mix well. Shower with additional parsley, and serve immediately.
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 610 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g