Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you
sign up for Outside+..
A cardamom-laced topping and toasted almonds add depth and rich contrast to fresh summer peaches.
More Simple Summer Recipes
Peach, Almond, & Cardamom Crumble
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cardamom, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil (oil should be semisolid, but not hard)
- 1/3 cup raw, unfiltered honey
- 2 lb. fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced ½-inch thick
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Coconut or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, almond meal, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl. Beat together coconut oil and honey in small bowl. Cut oil and honey mixture into flour mixture, working quickly to keep oil from melting, until mixture has small pea-sized clumps; do not overmix. Place mixture in refrigerator 5 minutes to cool.
- Set oven rack in middle position, and lightly oil 8-inch-square baking pan with coconut oil. Spread peaches in pan, sprinkle with apple juice, and toss to mix. Spread crumble mixture atop peaches.
- Bake in oven until peaches are soft and crumble is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle almonds on top, and broil 1 to 2 minutes to toast almonds. Let stand 5 minutes before serving, then spoon warm crisp over ice cream, if using.
- Calories 306
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g